Thursday, June 2, 2011

Make your nail polish last longer

I was browsing the internet and read some tips to help keep your nail polish on longer. (Plus a few other random tips that are GREAT.) I know for me personally, my polish lasts a day maybe two days. It is very frustrating because I know with any kind of polish on my nails it helps keep them strong. I have very weak, paper thin nails that bend and peel very easily. I have been struggling with this ever since I had my tips taken off 3/4 years ago. Nothing and mean NOTHING has made them stronger so it is best for me to have some type of polish on them at all times. Here are the tips that I have read about helping to keep your nail polish on longer. Let me know if any of you have actually tried any of these, and if they work or not. I will be trying some of these starting this week.
  • Before painting your nails, dip your fingers in cider, or apple vinegar for a few minutes and allow them to dry naturally (do not wipe them dry). The polish will stick to your fingernails and not to the natural oil on the surface of your nails.
  • Another method would be to remove all the residue and oil from your nails with soaking your hands in lukewarm, soapy water and scrubbing them slightly with a cloth. The nail polish will be applied on a clean and dry surface.
  • Tip for yellowed nails: You can also soak your nails in lemon juice for about 8-10 minutes, it will instantly brighten your nails and banish yellowness.
  • Apply your nail polish in thin coats (applied in thick layers, your polish will will only peel). Let these layers dry naturally, give some time for coats to adhere to your nails.
  • The applied top coat can be hardened - after finishing your nail polishing soak your hands into cold water for several minutes. (I love this tip... I am totally trying this one today!!)
  • You can also increase the life of the nail polish, if you apply a thin coat of topcoat every day. (I have tried this and it seemed to peel anyhow... but maybe what I consider a thin coat really isnt thin.)
  • The texture of a nail polish can totally change if you don't keep it in a cool place - preferably in the refrigerator. This will lengthen their life span. (Cool idea... literally, haha.)
  • Interesting!!! Shaking the nail polish bottle is forbidden you're only make it full of air bubbles - instead, roll it between your palms.
  • Last but not least.... Moisturize your hands daily in order to prevent the nail polish from cracking, if your hands are dry, polish is prone to deteriorating. If you wish you can use olive oil as a moisturizer.
I hope that some of you get to try these tips or have tried them. I am looking forward to hearing any other tips, or if you have tried any of the ones that I posted. Have a wonderful day my beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment