Monday, April 18, 2011

Beauty Experiment: Monistat As Foundation Primer

After a lot of research on the web and trying to find an inexpensive foundation primer, I have finally found something that works GREAT... Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel (side note: this is NOT a yeast infection cream). It cost me a little under $9.00 for a 1.5 oz. tube. I bought this at my local CVS (drugstore), but I have read on other sites that you can find it for around $7.00.

I do my normal "makeup prep" routine that I always do. I put my eye cream and face cream on (and let that dry totally), and then I put on the Monistat. The Monistat gel has a nice texture--sort of powdery, as it's name implies. It made my skin matte and soft, and my foundation and concealer went on smooth and seamless. I set both with a dab of translucent powder.

My foundation stayed in place all day and my skin looks and feels wonderful with it on. I was a little skeptical at first about this product... but I must say that I dont think that I will ever purchase one of those expensive big name brand primers ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment