Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Brow Powder

I have naturally blonde eyebrows. I get them tinted every few weeks because it is much easier that way. I still like to use something to fill in my brows to make them really pop. Eyebrows do frame your face. When I found Anastasia Powder Duo, I knew that I had to try it. I have heard such wonderful things about Anastasia Soare (the eyebrow guru). http://anastasia.net/index.php

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo is on the pricey side, but I have not found anything that I like nearly as much (as of yet). This product is lightweight, gives you sheer to medium coverage, and is smudge proof. When I was at Sephora I was advised by the sales girl to get Ash Blonde/Taupe (this is suggested for light to dark blonde hair). I opted out of getting that color and actually went a little darker. I bought Medium Ash/Medium Brown (this is suggested for light to medium brown and silver hair). I think that I made the right decision because I love this product. The suggested retail price is $22.00, but I do think its worth it. The only downfall with this product is that I only use the one side (the darker color). I have yet to use the lighter color. But, I have owned this product for 6 months (atleast) and I have not hit pan yet.

Application: Apply the powder onto the brow using a small angle brush. With short, light strokes, I apply the darker color first where the brows are sparse, then continue on to the rest of the brow. Once Im happy with the coverage I put clear mascara (Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara) on my brows to set the color and keep all my eyebrow hairs in place for the day.

This is just a side note... I have blonde hair and blonde eyebrows so I bought a darker color for my brows. When you have dark eyebrows, you should go 1 shade lighter. This is what I learned in school and I do see that it looks much better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment